Thursday, February 7, 2013

FYI Episode 1 : Introduction


FYI
Introduction To My Sweet 16 Pull List Part 1

Sometimes one of my pieces needs a breather. Looking for a toy to review, ordering content to review, and so on. Lots to do.

So, from time to time, we will dig into some behind the scenes stuff and see just how things work around here with This Old Comic Addict. Today? The Sweet 16. My review pull list of titles.

Originally I admit my first list was quite unbalanced and weighted with titles from one company in particular, but over time that list? It evolved, as did how I was going to approach my reviews, until the balanced list of 16 was created. But that is only the beginning, but I will go into that in a future cast. Right now we are looking at my Sweet 16 as of the first quarter of 2013... and why these titles are on my list.

DC Comics
I admit it, I was a skeptic at first of the New 52 (which has changed over time as titles are canceled and new ones take their place), but to be truly objective preconceived notions must be set aside, meaning it is time for me to take a plunge into the New 52... my way. And that means 4 ladies' titles.

Batgirl
A few of the podcasts I listen to involve the Batman Universe family of casts, one more being Dark Knight News. So I heard all about Gail Simone (hopefully I spelled that right) and her brief stint being fired from, then rehired as Batgirl's writer. And while Batgirl would have been on my list regardless of internal dramatics, I have to admit to being intrigued.

Batwoman
I heard good things about this title. the fact Batwoman, if memory serves, is also a lesbian does not hurt none either.

Catwoman
I admit it. I am just here to see if this title's only good point is how shamelessly T&A it is supposed to be. We will see.

World's Finest
A Wave 2 title starring Huntress and Power Girl from Earth-2 (the alternate reality, not the short lived Sci-Fi show of the same name). Nuff said.

NOTE Due to the amount of titles and issues I would have to buy into to review I will not cover "Death of the Family".

IDW
Doctor Who Titles
Encompassing Volume 3, the 50th Anniversary Prisoners of Time, and later Classics TPBs.

Ghostbusters
Just because Ghostbusters 3 is dead it doesn't mean we can't follow the comic... right?

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
Presently the last bastion for die hard Twilight Sparkle fans to get their adorkable purple book loving unicorn as she was meant to be.

Star Trek (2009 Universe)
Covering the Ongoing and all Into Darkness tie-ins.

Next Time (out of time!)
Part 2 wraps up the Sweet 16 with MARVEL Comics and Valiant, as well as an announcement on contacting all these publishers. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment