Wednesday, March 6, 2013

FYI - Countdown to That New 52 Smell


FYI
Preparing for DC content

First off lets get the unpleasant stuff out of the way.

DC Comics? They're just not going to respond to me, even after the DC themed podcasts launched. So I just need to plan accordingly.

News? Gathered by me for the New 52 cast.

Interviews? None. Sorry.

Review materials? That is all on me and my burden most certainly.

On the plus side... well I am sure being able to set my own pace, and review schedule is a plus if nothing else... oh well.

OK. Now onto actual progress. Trading for subscriptions is moving slowly apace, and while I do not want to jump ahead of myself until everything is all set up... I think we can at least mention progress.

To date two subscriptions have been put to bed set, Supergirl and Superman, a new trade is just starting that, if successful, add two more subscriptions to the schedule.

After that? April should hopefully see another two titles added for a total of six... so progress is definitely being made. Maybe too much progress, to much by far considering I am not getting so much as the time of day from DC... but I guess that is OK. Realistically a large dose of realistic expectations has to be applied in attempting to contacting a large publisher like DC.

Was the silent treatment expected? In some respects yes, sadly yes. I could stand for a higher profile, a bigger presense, more experience and seniority... or a Scrooge McDuck Money Vault.

Why is it I think only status and money gets a response? In truth even I think its exposure and readership, and I need to work harder to build up my readership. Still would it be such a thing just to send me a form email saying you have insufficient presense. Please build up your readership and observe the 12 to 24 month cooling period before resubmitting. Thank you for your interest, salutations and end email. But I dont even have that to show. It is just my opinion that I am insufficient to meet DC's standards for who has access. Well lets close out on a high note, what may be the final word on the review slate of the cast... ready? Yes voting is still ongoing and we are presently at the 40% mark, but... here is how I am seeing it... yes, this is subject to change.

Superman block
Reviewing Action Comics, Supergirl and Superman. Would have rounded it out with Superboy... if it was a subscription title.

Justice League block
Aquaman, Flash and JLAmerica

Finally Ladies Block with Batgirl, Catwoman and Wonder Woman.

Voting is still pending so stay tuned for updates.

OK things are falling into place but we are just waiting for the first arrivals and off we launch That New 52 Smell, so stay tuned.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment