Saturday, March 2, 2013

That New 52 Smell Week 1


That New 52 Smell
Episode 0.1 - Origins

Putting thought to life, and coming up with this notion, started with the announcement of the coming end of The New 52 Adventures of Superman.

To me it was logical. DC already had scheduled titles on my pull list, and I was inquiring with them about press releases and such so why not expand it to a podcast?

Admittedly the show started its life as a Superman family centered title... but when I checked the subscriptions list I couldn't find Superboy... huh?

If I was left to my own devices I would quickly fall out of picking up what I need to review. This way I am locked in for a full year of episodes, and just have to renew yearly, making changes to the review format once a year as needed. That and this was made possible through a huge trade I am presently doing.

So let's recap. This series was originally thought up when the announcement came that The New 52 Adventures of Superman was winding down to completion.

So with only 4 episodes of New 52 left? Where are we in terms of progress... let's see...

- Starting off with first two titles, Supergirl and Superman, which speaks of the cast's origin as a New 52 Superman inspired cast.

- Presently soliciting votes for the other four starting slots of the cast. Cast your vote at http://www.thisoldcomicaddict.blogspot.com and http://www.rkyvrevue.blogspot.com

- Plans are to add 3 of the bigger page count title along the way. Action Comics and Justice League (two more nods to New 52 Superman) along with Justice League of America, totaling titles covered to nine.

- Titles being voted on? Aquaman, Batgirl, Catwoman, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Teen Titans and Wonder Woman.

- Originally I was not going to put Batman or Green Lantern titles up for consideration, but then voting would not had been picking a top four as much as dropping the fifth title.

- Deadline for voting is March 22nd.

That is about that for now. The process of preparing the cast has just begun. Next time I speak of the 800 pound Gorrilla Grodd in the cast, preparing the technical aspect of a news section of the cast... when DC Comics wont give me the time of day.

That is coming next week. So stay tuned, and see you then.

Addendum - Cast Format
One thing I am working on is the exact content of the cast itself. At this early production stage I have the following...

- Opening
- DC News Brief
Whatever news I came across that is fit to print, so to speak.
- Rumor mill
i.e. what the WB is not doing lately.
- Mailbag
Going to open an email just for work.
- Reviews
What came in the mail for review

But that is just the beginning! Stay tuned as I work on this and prepare Episode Zero!

No comments:

Post a Comment