Monday, March 4, 2013

Start of the Week


Start of the Week
Well once again another new week is upon us (ugh, woke up in not so cheery disposition but I should be feeling better by noon knock on wood) so lets see what is going on.

So March rolled in and the results of the first wave of publisher contacts is... mixed.

The best results came from IDW without a doubt. Followed by a decidedly sharp decline with Valiant (press releases only) and finally DC and MARVEL and the cold shoulder.

Well, best thing to do is be thankful for what I achieved and work with that. Thank you IDW and Valiant.

New policy on podcasts... comic edition
After abit of thought and reflection, as well as problems securing content, I decided to (strangely enough) take a page from the Republicans Post Office strategy and set a comic cast's schedule a year in advance through subscription. That way content is guaranteed and assured for a year of casts, which I figure is a good thing.

Presently the first cast I am working on with this new policy is That New 52 Smell, working to line up subscriptions prior to casting. As of right now? The first two titles are already subscribed to and set so we are on a roll. As for the next step? Over on the right we have polls up for you to vote on the next four titles that will be covered in That New 52 Smell. Voting ends March 22nd and I will announce the results here after the vote ends... stay tuned!

If this proves successful will I do a Marvel cast? Maybe. As I write this the weekend is upon us, and I should have set up a unique email just for This Old Comic Addict! How are we progressing with titles for That New 52 cast? Lets see...

So far? I scheduled nine slots for review.

- Through a large trade cycle I hope to secure six of the nine titles. We are presently 1/3rd of the way through, Supergirl and Superman on the docket for review.

The next batch? Probably start of April I will have an announcement on that. I have abit of my side of the deal to deliver on first, and you have some titles to vote on. Top two is in the next batch.

- Putting a pair of retro consoles and games up to secure two $34 subscriptions for the cast. Presently things are hopeful on this front... actually I think the trade is on. Hopefully these are secured by the end of the month ordering wise. Actually it looks like things are progressing on this front so I hope to have news of two titles being secured ordering wise by the end of the month.

- And once we make more progress on those two fronts I will ponder the ninth title... but that is consideration for another time.

So all in all That New 52 Smell is off to a hopeful start. Progress report next week so stay tuned.

This week in articles?
This Old Comic Addict takes a look at the comic based on the Legion of Super Heroes animation.

Hopefully we have a Book Em Danno review material update as things roll in, and daily news. Otherwise words up so take care, and keep on reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment