Saturday, March 16, 2013

That New 52 Smell : The Sound of DC Comics... Not Talking...


That New 52 Smell Update
"Ask DC Comics... quietly..."

The work to get ready for That New 52 Smell rolls ever forward. Slowly but surely, one step at a time ahead we go. 20% of subscriptions is set... but a decided error on my part is slowing up another 20%... and quite frankly I will be lucky if I at least lock in 10% at the end of this trade.

20% set for April, 20% set for May and hopefully the last 30% along the way... so a complete schedule by June. Maybe 7 episodes in by the time we are at 100%. That means things will be a bit slow at the start, taking a few episodes to get fully rolling full speed ahead as we pass Memorial Day and roll into summer... but still with Episode 1 about to be recorded I still need content. And we do have abit to talk about... yes, even with only 20% of titles "secured" and all while I wait for the first issues to arrive in the mail we do still have abit to talk about... surprise!

Introduction to the series, and the whole plan of review by subscriptions. DC ending Green Lantern and Young Justice, and the coming of Beware the Batman. The whole Orson Scott Card thing on Adventures of Superman. Just in Episode 1 alone. But this is just the start... hmmm... well I am curious. When I am subscribed to a DC Comics title how long does it take before you get your first issue? Sure, over time I will learn this by comparison as each title rolls in... but I couldnt help but ask DC Comics myself. But not as a reviewer, just a simple question with no strings attached. Pretty simple, right? Well, I asked this yesterday and waited for a reply, and waited. Days passed and nothing.

Well as I said a few times past back in Early February I contacted DC Comics as part of a batch of publishers I contacted with questions concerning reviewer policy. They never contacted me. To me I felt this meant I had more growing to do as a reviewer. Work harder, grow as a reviewer and one day I will be mature enough. With hard work and determination it will be possible.

But to not even answer a simple question? What. I dread to say it but I can easily see the worst in this. Maybe I just shouldn't ask DC Comics any questions period. I dont know, but for some reason I think DC Comics has me on a spam or block list if even the simplest emails go unanswered. Anyway because of that I might do an Ask DC Comics section, if only to point out how DC alienates me. Maybe I will also do a Why I dont work at Superman Homepage section... spoiler alert... I tried finding a home there once!

As we wrap up the update the subscription plan... is moving even slower after one vital lynchpin... Ugh. Dont want to think about it. At least 20% progress has been made so... hopefully I will be at 40% at the end of March... 30% at least. See you next update, as I cast Episode 1 this weekend and get the cast off the ground. That will be the focus of the next update. Stay tuned... now I am off to record Episode 1... hopefully... see you next update.

No comments:

Post a Comment