Sunday, March 17, 2013

TOCA Journal 1 : That Unboxing Episodes


TOCA Journal - Waiting for Something Man

These days alot of my podcasts seems to rotate around the concept of... waiting.

And not just That New 52 Smell either in terms of subscriptions made or in negotiation. I also mean waiting for trades for This Old Comic Addict, or even This Old DC Swag... and even for Pocket Gamer.

Yup. Waiting to exhale, and do unboxing episodes, is universal. Boring and universal.

The longest wait is for two boxes sent for a giant trade. The unboxing of these two? Most definitely an episode of This Old Comic Addict will revolve around the unboxing. But really. It was sent via ground, and the longest part is the long ship trip between California and Hawaii... still it is almost here, so recording shortly.

Another trade, another opening episode for This Old Comic Addict. Not nearly quite as massive as what I am expecting in the first trade, yes, but still vitally important. This trade will provide fresh review content for my RKYV reviews, being fresher stuff. Timing wise this will probably arrive on a weekend I usually record an episode of This Old Comic Addict so that works out well for me.

But moving things is not just for This Old Comic Addict. Skipped a week of Waiting To Recharge over at http://www.rpgunite.blogspot.com  because I didnt have much to report on... this week I should have abit to say in that regard.

Finishing a trade for subscriptions for That New 52 Smell... still hoping for a positive outcome. Stay tuned.

So... anything else? Nothing to report on for now, but all of this does bring up the topic of unboxing episodes... who gets them.

Top of the list is This Old Comic Addict, and This Old DC Swag, two series that dig into the past is full of potential for unboxing episodes now and then.

I thought we would do more unboxing for a newer cast not That New 52 Smell... maybe we still could do that. Once I am of a higher level as a reviewer.

Finally less unboxing and more unveiling everytime a new subscription issue arrives. Something that will become more and more commonplace as the review titles all fall into place one by one. Still I wonder if, over time, we might not also see a more traditional unboxing of review content over time, and the advent of donations or... heaven forbid... finally meeting DC Comics criteria as a reviewer worthy of access.

Hmm... I think I will keep track every weekend of incoming trades and potential donations for unboxing episodes... starting next week. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment